The included FAQs component allows you to define questions and answers, and have them searchable within a formatted list within your page. You can add FAQs to your list by going to the “FAQs” option under your theme specific features.
- What are the boundaries for the Surrey Minor Hockey Association?
- What equipment do I need?
- Where are games and practices?
- Are there practices in the morning?
- Can I be on the same team as my friend?
- Who do I have to contact to get a release form from Surrey Minor Hockey?
- When do you hold tryouts for your Rep teams?
- Does the association offer any type of financial assistance to help with registration costs?
» The boundaries for Surrey Minor Hockey are:
North: Fraser River
South: BC Harbours Board Railway
West: Surrey City Limits
East: 152 Street (56 Avenue to 88 Avenue);
88 Avenue (152 Street to 160 Street);
160 Street (88 Avenue to Fraser River)
» If you're going to be a skater (not a goalie), then you'll need the following equipment:
- Skates (do not buy too big..... thinking this is good they will grow into them, players require a good fit for a proper stride and stance)
- CSA approved helmet with cage
- Hockey gloves
- Hockey stick
- Hockey pants
- Hockey elbow pads
- Hockey jersey
- Hockey jock or jill - Pelvic protector (shorts with built in are most common)
- Hockey neck guard
- Hockey shin pads
- Hockey shoulder pads
- Hockey mouth guard
- Hockey socks to go over the shin pads
If you're going to be the goaltender, then the following list of equipment is what you'll need:
- Goalie glove or trapper
- Goalie pads
- Goal stick
- Goal pants
- Chest and arm protector
- Goalie blocker
- Goalie helmet
- Goal mask
- Throat neck protector (hangs from the mask)
» Your home games may be at either the North Surrey Recreation Centre, Newton Recreation Centre, or Surrey Sport & Leisure Centre. Practices may be held at those arenas as well.
» Yes. During the weekdays, there are teams that have practice times sometimes as early as 5:30 am. During the weekend, practice times start around 6:00 am.
» Well it depends. We can't guarantee that you'll be on the same team as your friend. If you both try out for a Rep team and make the team, then you're on the same team. If you're in C Division and a coach drafts you both for the team, then you're on the same team.
» You need to contact the Registrar.
» Player assessments are commonly held near the middle of August and into the first weeks of September
» For families with 3 children registered for a season, the two oldest players are charged full fees. The subsequent youngest player(s) are charged half fees.