This age group covers players who are 9 through 10 as of December 31 of the playing year. If you wish to get in touch with a team, please contact the division executive contacts.
Division Executive Contacts
*Note: To contact someone via email, append their email entry with “@surreyminorhockey.com”.
Atom A1 | Atom A2 | Atom A3
Atom SY1 | Atom SY2 | Atom SY3 | Atom SY4 | Atom SY5
SMHA 2017-2018 Atom REP Try-out Schedule
WEEKDAY DATE ARENA ICE TIME DIVISON
Sunday Aug. 13/17 SSLC#3 7:00-8:30pm ALL DIVS. New Skater All Divisions
Friday Aug. 18/17 SSLC#1 6:15-7:15pm Atom Goalie Evaluations
Saturday Aug. 19/17 SSLC#2 8:45-9:45am Atom Groups 1&3 Day 1 (skills)
Saturday Aug. 19/17 SSLC#2 10:00-11:00am Atom Groups 2&4 Day 1 (skills)
Sunday Aug. 20/17 SSLC#1 5:00-6:00pm Atom Groups 3&4 Day 2 (skills)
Sunday Aug. 20/17 SSLC#1 6:15-7:15pm Atom Groups 1&2 Day 2 (skills)
Monday Aug. 21/17 SSLC#2 5:30-6:30pm Atom Groups 4&1 Day 3 (scrimmage)
Monday Aug. 21/17 SSLC#2 6:45-7:45pm Atom Groups 3&2 Day 3 (scrimmage)
Tuesday Aug. 22/17 SSLC#1 5:00-6:00pm Atom Groups 1&3 Final Skate (scrimmage)
Tuesday Aug. 22/17 SSLC#1 6:15-7:15pm Atom Groups 2&4 Final Skate (scrimmage)
After the first four try-out ice sessions, players will be designated to Pool A, Pool B or to our Recreation Division
Players designated for Pool A and Pool B:
On the SMHA website, player designations for Pool A and Pool B will be identified by player bib number and bib colour
Coaches will forward an e-mail to each player in Pool A and Pool B informing them of their next ice session (after bib information is posted on the SMHA website)
Players designated to our Recreation Division
bib information will not be identified
The Division Lead will forward an e-mail to each player designated to our Recreation Division informing them of their next ice session
FYI … Pool A = ATOM A1 (players continue with their try-out sessions)
… Pool B = ATOM A2 + A3 (players continue with their try-out sessions)
* You are not permitted to wear jerseys, socks, helmets, pant shells or stickers/embroidery that are in promotion of any other minor hockey association and/or minor hockey or spring team and/or training organization.
If you step on the ice wearing any of the above you will be asked to leave the ice surface, returning to the dressing room, and change the item(s).
If you do not have extra socks, jerseys, pants, etc., you may miss that session. Please keep that in mind.
* During subsequent pool skates, you may be given a REP jersey for an exhibition game.
If the pool skate is NOT an exhibition game, you are only permitted to wear the jersey and/or socks that have been given to you at the first REP try-out session.
As with the other sessions, you will be asked to leave the ice surface, return to the dressing room, and change the item(s).
Again, you may miss that Pool skate if you do not have the appropriate items.
* Remember to bring a water bottle, clearly identified as yours, to these sessions.
* During any portion of the REP process, parents are not permitted to discuss their player’s performance with evaluators or REP coaches either in person, through digital communication, or by phone.
* Players will be designated to their respective Pools, based upon the results of the evaluations, after the fourth ice session is completed.
… For those who have been designated to either Pool A or Pool B, you will be able to look at our website and identify yourself by your bib number and bib colour to determine if you made a Pool and which Pool.
… Players that make Pool A or Pool B will be contacted by the coaches to advise them of their next skate times.
… Players that are designated to our Recreation Division will be contacted by the Division Lead to advise them of their next skate times.
A friendly reminder that its mandatory for all players (skaters) to be wearing navy blue helmets and navy blue gloves (may have white or black accents).
After September 30th, players not wearing navy blue items will not be permitted to play.
Good luck and a have a great season!
2017 Atom RECREATION DIVISION Evaluation Schedule
DIVISION DATE ICE TIME ARENA
Scrimmage (Groups 1&3) Saturday, September 9, 2017 8:00am – 9:00am NS Rink #1
Scrimmage (Groups 2&4) Saturday, September 9, 2017 9:15am – 10:15am NS Rink #1
Scrimmage (Groups 3&4) Saturday, September 16, 2017 10:15am -11:15am Newton Arena
Scrimmage (Groups 1&2) Saturday, September 16, 2017 11:30am – 12:30pm Newton Arena
Scrimmage (Groups 2&3) Sunday, September 17, 2017 4:45pm – 5:45pm Newton Arena
Scrimmage (Groups 1&4) Sunday, September 17, 2017 6:00pm – 7:00pm Newton Arena
Ice times for Atom
The master ice schedules are posted to the web site for your information. If you wish to purchase some of the available ice or cancel an ice time, there are a few stipulations to follow. They are:
- To cancel your teams ice time, you must inform the Ice Allocator 10 days prior to the date you want cancelled. Failure to do this will result in your team being charged for the full cost of the ice time.
- We do not sell any available ice that is more than two weeks in the future. For example, we will not consider selling any ice in January when we are currently in the month of November.
- All available ice is distributed through the Ice Allocator. The Ice Allocator will send out updates to the team Coach and Manager only showing current ice available for purchase.
- Use Teamlink to verify league game dates, times, and locations.
- If you have a game conflict in your schedule, you must contact the Ice Allocator for alternate available times. Please give a minimum of 3 weeks notice if you require ice to resolve a conflict.
Thanks for your cooperation.