This age group covers players who are 15 through 17 as of December 31 of the playing year. If you wish to get in touch with a team, please contact the division executive contacts.
Division Executive Contacts
*Note: To contact someone via email, append their email entry with “@surreyminorhockey.com”.
Midget A1 | Midget A2 | Midget A3
2017-2018 New Player Evaluation Session
EVENT DATE TIME LOCATION
New Player Evaluations Sunday, August 13, 2017 7:00pm – 8:30pm SSLC Rink #3 (Surrey Sports and Leisure Complex) All Divisions
2017-2018 Midget REP Try-out Schedule
EVENT DATE TIME LOCATION
New Player Evaluations Sunday, August 13, 2017 7:00pm – 8:30pm SSLC Rink #3 (Surrey Sports and Leisure Complex)
REP Goalie Evaluations Tuesday, September 5, 2017 8:15pm – 9:45pm SSLC Rink #1
REP Try-outs (Groups 1&3) Wednesday, Sept 6th 6:15pm – 7:45pm NS Rink #1 (North Surrey Recreation Centre)
REP Try-outs (Groups 2&4) Wednesday, Sept 6th 8:00pm – 9:30pm NS Rink #1
REP Try-outs (Groups 3&4) Thursday, Sent 7th 6:00pm – 7:15pm NS Rink #2
REP Try-outs (Groups 1&2) Thursday, Sept 7th 7:30pm – 8:45pm NS Rink #2
REP Try-outs (Groups 2&3) Friday, Sept 8th 6:15pm – 7:45pm NS Rink #1
REP Try-outs (Groups 1&4) Friday, Sept 8th 8:00pm – 9:30pm NS Rink #1
REP Try-outs (Groups 1&3) Saturday, Sept 9th 6:30pm – 7:45pm NS Rink #2
REP Try-outs (Groups 2&4) Saturday, Sept 9th 8:00pm – 9:15pm NS Rink #2
Midget SY1 | Midget SY2 | Midget SY3 | Midget SY4 | Midget SY5 | Midget SY6
2017-2018 Midget RECREATION DIVISION Evaluation Schedule
EVENT DATE TIME LOCATION
Scrimmage (Groups 1&2) Saturday, September 9, 2017 2:30pm-3:30pm NS Rink #1
Scrimmage (Groups 3&4) Saturday, September 9, 2017 3:45pm-4:45pm NS Rink #1
Scrimmage (Groups 5&6) Saturday, September 9, 2017 5:00pm-6:00pm NS Rink #1
Scrimmage (Groups 3&6) Sunday, September 10, 2017 3:30pm-4:30pm NS Rink #1
Scrimmage (Groups 2&4) Sunday, September 10, 2017 4:45pm-5:45pm NS Rink #1
Scrimmage (Groups 1&5) Sunday, September 10, 2017 6:00pm – 7:00pm NS Rink #1
Scrimmage (Groups 4&6) Sunday, September 17, 2017 2:15pm-3:15pm NS Rink #1
Scrimmage (Groups 2&5) Sunday, September 17, 2017 3:30pm-4:30pm NS Rink #1
Scrimmage (Groups 1&3) Sunday, September 17, 2017 4:45pm-5:45pm NS Rink #1
SMHA Midget REP Pilot Project
SMHA is embarking on a pilot project, supported by the dialogue at the June 2017 SMHA AGM, that will enable our Association to ice at least three Midget teams, including one 16U team (depending on the number of player registrations, perhaps there could be a fourth Midget REP team this year).
We have been able to draw on the experience of other Associations who have initiated a similar idea in the past. There have been a good sharing of lessons-learned and best-practices.
For the upcoming 2017-2018 season the following will be our Midget REP try-out process:
* All players who have registered for Midget REP will be competing to make our Midget A1 team.
* Four try-out ice sessions will be allocated for player evaluations
* Upon the conclusion of the 4th session, all players will be divided into three pools:
* A min. of 2 goalies (to a maximum of 3) + a min of 6 Defencemen (to a maximum of 8) + a min. of 9 Forwards (to a maximum of 12) will be chosen and moved to the A Pool
for continued evaluation
* All non first year (2000 and 2001) Midget players who have not been chosen to continue in the A Pool evaluations will be moved to the B Pool for continued evaluation
* All first year (2002 born) players who have not been chosen to continue in the A Pool evaluations, will be moved to the 16U Pool for continued evaluation
NOTE: After the initial 4 REP try-out sessions, players could be assigned to our Recreation Division (depending on number of player registrations)
* All A Pool final (non first year players) releases will be assigned to the B Pool
* All A Pool final (first year players) releases will be assigned to the 16U Pool
* All B Pool final releases will be assigned to the Recreation Division
* All 16U Pool final releases will be assigned to the Recreation Division
* Any B Pool final releases can be assigned to the 16U Pool (upon agreement of both coaches and the SMHA coach coordinator)
* The 16U team can have upto 3 overage (2001 born) players
* If there are enough players after the A Pool + B Pool + 16U Pool final releases, a fourth Midget REP team will be considered (with agreement from the SMHA Coach Coordinator)
* To help facilitate a possibility of registering a fourth Midget REP team, final roster allowances will be considered (such as: min of 1 Goalie + min of 5 Defence + min of 9 forwards)
We thank you, in advance, for your patience during the REP try-outs. We are trying something new this season, we do apologize for any inconvenience you may experience during the Midget REP try-out period with our new pilot initiative.
Please do not hesitate to contact our Coach Coordinator if you have any further inquiries about our 16U Team initiative.
The master ice schedules are posted to the web site for your information. If you wish to purchase some of the available ice or cancel an ice time, there are a few stipulations to follow. They are:
- To cancel your teams ice time, you must inform the Ice Allocator 10 days prior to the date you want cancelled. Failure to do this will result in your team being charged for the full cost of the ice time.
- We do not sell any available ice that is more than two weeks in the future. For example, we will not consider selling any ice in January when we are currently in the month of November.
- All available ice is distributed through the Ice Allocator. The Ice Allocator will send out updates to the team Coach and Manager only showing current ice available for purchase.
- Use Teamlink to verify league game dates, times, and locations.
- If you have a game conflict in your schedule, you must contact the Ice Allocator for alternate available times. Please give a minimum of 3 weeks notice if you require ice to resolve a conflict.
Thanks for your cooperation.