We are now in a better position to provide further information following the new Provincial Health orders today.
1) After 10:00pm this evening, the NSSIC rink will continue to operate (no closure of facility for 2 weeks).
2) No games will be played by any team … until further notice.
3) SMHA teams will only be permitted to practice (as it was in Phase 2) – only skill based activities where players can maintain social distancing (no scrimmages) … until further notice.
4) The only participants, of a team, allowed in the arena will the players and coaches and one registered safety representative – unfortunately no parents or siblings … until further notice
5) No player bags (except goalies) will be allowed into the arena
6) Each team will still require to complete an Event Attendee Form for each ice session and retain possession of this document – provide information to City of Surrey representatives as requested
7) All participants are still required to wear a mask
Please note that we will be operating under the same expectations processes and procedures as we did in Phase 2 (please do not be late for your ice sessions – NO late arrivals will be permitted into the arena).
Surrey Minor Hockey Association