2. All team officials listed on the roster must have a valid CRC with the association. CRC’s can be submitted
3. Coaches are NOT permitted to be on the ice or bench until they have completed their CRC’s CATT &
RIS. CRC’s are valid for 3 years – RIS are valid for 5 and CATT does not expire.
4. Only qualified Coaches are permitted on the ice if you have on ice volunteers/helpers they must be listed
and registered with the association for Insurance purposes. Please confirm through your division manager.
5. A team cannot play any games without a qualified, rostered Safety person
6. Questions about qualifications should be directed to your division manager or our coach
7. At any time during the season if a player must quit due to injury or any other reason please inform the
Registrar as soon as possible
8. If someone on your is new to volunteering they will need a hockey id which they can get here
9. A $45 charge will be issued for insurance purposes should any team have more than 5 team officials. Each
additional official will cost $45
Affiliate Rule ( PCAHA Rule C 32)
Limitation (PeeWee and above, Atom to PeeWee, and all Female Teams) - A player of a team of a lower division or category may play as an Affiliate Player (as defined in Section C(28)) for a team or teams of higher divisions and categories at any time, to a maximum of ten (10) league and/or playoff games. An Affiliate Player who participates in more than ten (10) games will be deemed to be an ineligible
player. Any violation of this rule shall be reported to the PCAHA Managing Director. However, if the player's registered team completes its regular season and playoffs before the player's affiliated team or teams, the player may thereafter affiliate an unlimited number of times.
Note: Exhibition and/or tournament/jamboree games are excluded from the number of games referred to in Section C(32).
A team of a higher Division or category may not use an affiliated player prior to receiving consent of the team with which the affiliated player is registered.
- Affiliate players are limited to ten (10) games maximum over the course of a season. The purpose of this limitation is to prevent the use of “permanent affiliates”
- Affiliate players may not play an eleventh game until the player's registered team has completed their season and playoffs.
- An affiliate player who does participate in more than ten games will be deemed to be an ineligible player.
Code Of Conduct
- I will be reasonable when scheduling games and practices, remembering that players have other interests and obligations.
- I will teach my players to play fairly and to respect the rules, officials and opponents.
- I will ensure that all players get equal instruction, support and playing time.
- I will not ridicule or yell at my players for making mistakes or for performing poorly.I will remember that players play to have fun and must be encouraged to have confidence in themselves.
- I will make sure that equipment and facilities are safe and match the players’ ages and abilities.
- I will remember that participants need a coach they can respect. I will be generous with praise and set a good example.
- I will obtain proper training and continue to upgrade my coaching skills.
- I will work in cooperation with officials for the benefit of the game.
- BC Hockey Clinics
- BC Hockey Coach Course Required Per Level
- BC Hockey E-Gamesheet ( HiSport ) Information (Login, Instructions, Videos)
- BC Hockey E-Gamesheet ( HiSport ) Tutorials (Youtube Playlist)
- BC Hockey Minimum Suspension Guidelines 2019-2020
- BC Hockey - Search For Tournaments
- Hockey Canada Safety Forms ( Medical Information Sheet, Injury Report, etc)
- PCAHA Arena List
- PCAHA E-Gamesheet ( HiSport ) Coach & Manager Training
- PCAHA E-Gamesheet ( HISport ) Other Teams Contacts Training
- PCAHA Rule Book
- PCAHA Schedules \ Standings
- SMHA Criminal Record Check (Access Code: 4NX4CF5GJG)
- SMHA Team Start Up Checklist