Do I need a license?
Gaming licenses are required for any team gaming activities such as:
- 50/50 draws
- Raffles \ Gift Basket Draws
- Prize boards
How do I get a license?
- Please advise by email the SMHA Gaming Coordinator that your team is applying for a license
- Complete an application by following the instruction on the BC Provincial Government website
**When applying, ensure to include your team name, example: Surrey Minor Hockey Atom Canucks
- Please forward a copy of your gaming license via email to the SMHA Gaming Coordinator
- At the conclusion of your gaming event you are required as part of your gaming license to fill out a Gaming Event Revenue Form please forward a copy to the Gaming Coordinator and to the Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch – Licensing and Grants Division.
- You must submit a Gaming Event Revenue Report within 90 days of the expiration of your gaming license
What license can a team get?
Sports Teams are only eligible for Class D licenses.