Code of Conduct
- I will make sure that every player has a reasonable opportunity to perform to the best of his or her ability, within the limits of the rules.
- I will avoid or put an end to any situation that threatens the safety of the players.
- I will maintain a healthy atmosphere and environment for competition.
- I will not permit the intimidation of any player either by word or by action. I will not tolerate unacceptable conduct toward myself, other officials, players or spectators.
- I will be consistent and objective in calling all infractions, regardless of my personal feelings toward a team or individual player.
- I will handle all conflicts firmly but with dignity.
- I accept my role as a teacher and role model for fair play, especially with young participants.
- I will be open to discussion and contact with the players before and after the game.
- I will remain open to constructive criticism and show respect and consideration for different points of view.
- I will obtain proper training and continue to upgrade my officiating skills.
- I will work in cooperation with coaches for the benefit of the game.
- Fill out the New Officials Application Form ( We are not accepting any further applications at this time )
Attend Surrey Minor training sessions occurring usually in early September
Attend BC Hockey led new official course, full Saturday or Sunday in September
- BC Hockey Officiating Clinics
- PCAHA RAC - Referee Assigning Info ( Bantam A / Midget / Juvenille Only )
- PCAHA Referee's Game Incident Report
- PCAHA Referee / Linesmen Allowances 2019/2020
- PCAHA Referee Information
- PCAHA Rule book
- SMHA Referee Application 2018-2019
- SMHA Referee / Game Change Request ( Hockey 1-4, Atom, PeeWee, Bantam C )