Registration OPEN on May 18th
* Please note registrations received after Jul 31st will be subject to a $100 late fee and may be wait listed. Thank you for your patience while we try to accommodate everyone.
The registration process is different depending on whether you are a returning player, new player or player moving from a another association. Please refer to the section below that best fits your situation.
Evaluations for Rep hockey normally start in mid to late August depending on the age/division. Evaluations for C Divisions, including Hockey 1 to 4, start in early September. The playing season starts in late September and runs until late March. For further information please contact the registrar.
The boundaries for Surrey Minor Hockey are:
- North: Fraser River
- South: BC Harbours Board Railway
- West: Surrey City Limits
- East: 152 Street (56 Avenue to 88 Avenue);88 Avenue (152 Street to 160 Street); 160 Street (88 Avenue to Fraser River)
Please visit our Financial Assistance page for more information.
Be sure to carefully review the below information prior to registering. If you are a new player to hockey please visit our new player tab and contact firstname.lastname@example.org
TO REGISTER: You must have your child's Hockey Canada ID. You can find your child's Hockey Canada ID in a few ways
- You can log into your Ehockey Account E HOCKEY LINK
- You can look at your registration receipts from prior years
- Your last year's team roster (you can request this information from your manager or coach)
- If you are a new player to hockey please refer to our new player tab
DIVISION NAMES: Please review our Registration Fee's tab above to confirm your child's appropriate division based on their birth year.
E-transfers Review important instructions below.
- CHEQUES ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTED (Please do not mail in any payments to the association)
- Payment Schedule for the 2022-2023 season is as follows:
- 1st Installment - At time of registration
- 2nd Installment - June 30th
- 3rd Installment - July 15th
- 4th Installment - Aug 5th
- If you select to pay via credit card you are welcome to use the automated payment schedule which has been set up. Please note processing fees will be applied to your final total.
- If you choose to pay via e-transfer you can schedule payments in advance using the above dates if needed
- Should our registration fees cause you any financial hardship please reference our financial assistance page to apply to one of the many options in order to subsidize your costs https://surreyminorhockey.com/financial-assistance/
YOU MUST INCLUDE YOUR CHILD(REN)'S HOCKEY CANADA ID NUMBER AND PLAYER NAME IN THE NOTES SECTION OF YOUR E-TRANSFER
Pay to: Surrey Minor Hockey
These e-transfers are being manually processed so please allow some time for your payment to reflect on your Teamsnap invoice. Once your e-transfer has been received and processed you will be able to see the remaining balance on your invoice which can be found on your teamsnap home page when logging in using a PC.
Please use the following internet browsers when registering: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari or Microsoft Edge. Internet Explorer is not supported and will not work.
If you complete your child's registration and would like to make changes please contact email@example.com, do NOT re-submit your registration.
Our preferred method of payment is credit card or e-transfer.
If you are not able to easily attach 2 proofs of address within the teamsnap registration form please scan or photograph 2 different proofs of current address (dated within 3 months) and email them to the Registrar (see below for what is acceptable proof of address)
Accepted proof of address documents which must be recently dated (within 3 months):
- Utility Bills (hydro, gas, water) Cable / Satellite Bill
- Property Tax Bill/Assessment
- Residential Lease / Tenancy Agreement
- Property / Contents insurance
- BC medical statement
- GST statement or income tax assessment
- School registration confirming address
- Bank/Visa Statement
WITHDRAWAL / REFUNDS
All Refund and/or Withdrawal Requests must be submitted in writing to the Registrar (firstname.lastname@example.org) and are only accepted up to Dec 31st each season. The Form is located on our website https://surreyminorhockey.com/forms/
Rep Tryouts are generally held towards the end of August for U13 & U15. All other divisional tryouts are held in September.
SECONDARY STUDENTS VOLUNTEER HOURS
All students requiring volunteer hours for secondary school requirements are encouraged to volunteer with the association. Please complete this form: Volunteer Form for opportunities.